GoVolunteer | Help where you are needed
GoVolunteer stands for an active society. We want to make volunteering part of everyone’s daily life – by making it easy and rewarding.
We give every single person the opportunity to actively shape our society. Many hands can do a lot of good: We link the unique potential of volunteers to the needs of social initiatives. And more than that: By connecting people and encouraging collaboration for a common goal, we help our community grow together.
GoVolunteer pursues five impact goals:
- Involve everyone – We motivate as many people as possible to play an active role in society and transform their unique potential into social action.
- Support social initiatives – We facilitate and support social projects working with volunteers (especially those which focus on integration and equal opportunities).
- Activate companies and their staff – We remind businesses of their social responsibilities and help them to get active.
- Integrate refugees and migrants – We help newcomers to enter the job market and actively participate in society through volunteer work.
- Establish a new volunteering culture – We encourage an active society in which everyone contributes and shapes our community.
What we do
GoVolunteer connects volunteering projects and social initiatives with people who want to help. For us, transparency and easy access are key: At www.GoVolunteer.com anyone can quickly find a social project matching their skills and interests and directly get active.
- For volunteers – Discover the whole variety of volunteering activities, find a project that matches your interests and register with just one click.
- For organizers – Present your project to a wide audience and quickly find suitable volunteers, supporters or collaboration partners.
- For businesses – Find out how your company can help and connect with themost impactful corporate volunteering projects.
Since October 2015, we successfully connect volunteers and projects, support initiatives via networking and coaching, and publicly advocate for social action and integration work. The Federal Commissioner for Migration and Refugees has distinguished GoVolunteer as an important engine for integration.
- More than 3,000 social projects and events in 100 cities across Germany on GoVolunteer.com
- Over 120,000 users and up to 3,000 daily page views (nearly a third of GoVolunteer’s users have a migration or refugee background)
- Focus on integration activities enabling newcomers and locals to meet at eye-level: e.g., sports and leisure, mentoring, child care, female empowerment, job market integration, language training, legal advice, medical care and many more
- GoVolunteer is currently expanding its scope to all areas of social action: beyond integration projects, our users can find a large variety of opportunities to get active: from elderly care, youth work, empowerment, protection of minorities to environmental conservation and animal welfare.
- As initiator of Helfer-Allianz, GoVolunteer drives transparency, exchange and collaboration between digital integration initiatives all across Germany
Picture: The founders of GoVolunteer – Malte Bedürftig (left) and Henryk Seeger