In our work, we adhere to a set of values that guide our interaction with all human beings – in particular, with our fellow team members, with our partners and with our volunteer community:
We believe in freedom and equality.
- We meet people at eye-level – Everyone deserves our respect and human compassion. We treat humans as equals, independent of their geographic or cultural origin, nationality, religion, education, sex, position, wealth, or lifestyle.
- We value and promote diversity – Being different is valuable for our community and should not scare us. The diversity of our people makes us more supportive, interesting and creative.
- We are modest – We believe in what we do. But we do not consider ourselves superior to people that follow other goals in life.
We are caring and respectful.
- We support each other – We work as a team and care for one another. We are successful as individuals if our team is successful. If someone needs help, we offer a hand.
- We respect different opinions – Everyone deserves to be heard. We do not dismiss someone else's opinion because it follows a different line of argument. We try to understand and remain respectful, even in disagreement.
- We develop one another – We love to learn and we all have something unique to give to others. Apprenticeship and mentoring help us to develop and grow as people and professionals.
We aspire to make an impact on society.
- We believe in collaboration and exchange – We have no competitors, only collaborators. We are open to partnerships and share our knowledge with everyone who shares our goals. In joining forces we can create bigger impact for the benefit of all.
- We keep on innovating and welcome change – Nobody is always right, and no solution remains right forever. To face up to the most pressing social challenges, we are ready to constantly re-invent ourselves and discover new paths.
- We are honest and independent – We are impartial. Our organization will not be influenced or utilized by particular interest groups. People can trust us to always share our perspectives to the best of our knowledge, following only our conscience.
- We adhere to the highest ethical standards – In all our professional proceedings, GoVolunteer as an organization and all of us as its representatives commit to an impeccable ethical behavior. If ever in doubt, we rather abstain.